Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Where was I

So for my bi-weekly update. There is drama in Boboshevo. My satellite site mates, Amy, Janel, and Day are my accomplices and they've been very well behaved, but the guys in our town, and the men and people in general in our town just love to gawk and stare at us until they get some sort of reaction. Anyhow, we went to the discoteca recently and met a few decent men. One we call Foxy, then Iron Maiden, who wears exclusively Iron Maiden t-shirts all the time and combat boots. Then there are the sketchies. There is a man we're convinced is part of the mafia and since the word "mafia" is the same in English and Bulgarian, we've dubbed it "The Moulin Rouge". Apparently, he's a 24 year old guy running the tourism office of the municipality but we're convinced he's some how affiliated with the hotel being built in town which is fronted as being funded by the Vietnamese. It's quite interesting. Then there's the 19 year old that's in love with Amy and the Italian in love with Janel who tried to get fresh with her after the disco.

We're really just play things and I think they're having fun trying to figure out what we'll be doing next. It's quite hilarious. There was also the 15 year old who asked me to dance at the discoteca and and when Amy asked him what how old he was he answered, "I study geography". Lovely.

We're having a grand old time however, the fleas have fallen out of favor with me and I'm actually beginning to heal, but they've scarred me for life. Raid is my bedside companion. There's nothing I can do about it. However, things are getting better and there's only 5 or so weeks left of training. I can't wait to get to my site. We'll see what happens.

No comments: